Re: Changing Talkgroups in BlueDV

Bob Watson

Thanks so much, Gwen.  I really appreciate your help.  This step was missing on David's quick start instructions.
73, Bob, KN4HH

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 9:30:18 PM EST, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

Bob,
For DMR on BlueDV, you have to connect briefly to TG 4000, then connect to the new talkgroup. 4000 is the "disconnect" group, and it'll remove you from your current talkgroup. This is NOT necessary on D-Star. Just connect to the new reflector.

So if you're on DMR TG 91, enter 4000 in the talkgroup selector, make sure it's set to DMR/G(roup), and key up/down. Then enter the 93 you want to go to and briefly transmit. You should now be on 93 instead of 91. I found this out the hard way -- I tried to just connect to a new talkgroup, and was hearing BOTH, and I think I was only transmitting on the first one...I don't remember if I was transmitting on both too.

So, to recap, on DMR connect to 4000 to disconnect from the current TG before connecting to a new one. On DStar, you don't have to do that. Try that out and see what it does for you. It should work.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:36 PM Bob Watson via Groups.Io <kn4hhptc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day again.  Followed David, PA7LIM, instructions for changing Talkgroups.  I am stuck in Talkgroup 91.  I tried to change to a number of other Talkgroup (93, 310).   I inserted 93 in the box, and it correctly identified it as North America.  The P/G slider was in G and the D-STAR/DMR slider in DMR.  When the group was clear, I pressed the space bar to make a momentary transmission.  In every case, I was still on TG91.  I would appreciate any assistance.

73, Bob, KN4HH

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time