From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Slotter, W3DJS
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:50 PM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io Notification <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ambe] Just received ThumbDV and need ThumbTest doesn't see it #thumbdv

HAH! That was it!

Connecting the ThumbDV directly to the laptop's embedded USB port works. Connecting it to a Dell laptop dock (powered) does not.

Of course, that's terribly frustrating. The point of the dock is to avoid plugging in / unplugging equipment.

Any idea how to solve this?

73,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Dave,

I’m baffled. It looks fine. We only change a few values, as you can see in the script, and the manufacturing date is entered by hand and it is correct as well. Are you direct connected to the machine? We have seen some problems with unpowered hubs.

Bryan

--
- Dave
  W3DJS