Re: PiDV, AMBEserver and Buster

Anna, the Author of Buster, is aware of the issue and hopes to get to it this month.

I’m also a Mac/Catalina user. I moved my ThumbDV to a Pi and run Ambeserver, then Buster can access the ThumbDV over the network.

Works great and I can run it from any Mac in the house or even over the Internet!

Bryan K7UDR

On May 5, 2020, at 8:09 PM, Kevin - VE7OVY <ve7ovy@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm on OSX Catalina 10.15.4 I can advise that Buster does not work on MacBook on my brand new ThumbDV arrived today.  I get the error message "Vocoder not found" in Buster preferences window and a "No serial connection" error when I start Buster.  This is despite the Thumb DV showing up in Mac OSX System Report (and the Thumb DV works fine in the same MacBook, when I run Parallels and Windows 10. Odd. Here's what the Mac System Report says:

ThumbDV:

  Product ID: 0x6015

  Vendor ID: 0x0403  (Future Technology Devices International Limited)

  Version: 10.00

  Serial Number: D307T3AG

  Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s

  Manufacturer: NW Digital Radio 03/20

  Location ID: 0x14300000 / 1

  Current Available (mA): 500

  Current Required (mA): 200

  Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Hoping there will be a solution for Mac Catalina at some point in the near future.
73, Kevin  VE7OVY