From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gwen Patton via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 10 May 2020 18:11
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] BlueDV Windows for ThumbDV

I've been using it since yesterday when I saw it posted, and it works really well. I even checked into the WIRES-X Net and the only comment I got was that my audio was a bit hot, so I backed it down. But there were a couple of relatively minor things I spotted.

Test notes for BlueDV 1.0.0.9581

- When keyed down and transmitting, the Fusion status box lights red intermittently, though
transmission is constant. This is at odds with receive activity, where the status box is lit
continuously on receiving another station. When sending, though the On Air legend at the lower
right is constant, the red light on the FUSION call status box is not constant. It turns on
and goes off seemingly at random. Linked to YSF AmericaLink at the time.

- Sometimes, during a long transmission, while experiencing the intermittent red status box, if I pause

for a moment, the box will light up red and I'll hear the tail end of my own transmission. Just a split second

of it, not the entire thing. It's hard to reproduce. This might point at the intermittent red box issue being

somehow connected to whether or not the user is speaking or pausing. VOX is OFF. I never use VOX.

It's pure conjecture, but maybe something is accidentally calling the VOX routine under some circumstances?

- Connected to FCS00199 (Echo), the Call line in the FUSION status box shows random characters
instead of a call sign or ID. This looks very odd. This did not happen on YSF AmericaLink,
where it showed my call sign. Haven't tried to reproduce this.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:04 PM <hans@...> wrote:

Hi David,

excellent Work!!!

I noticed a little glitch in the setup:

My ThumbDV is on COM1, but every time i open the setup menu, it will reset to the first entry in the list (COM18 in my case) and i have to set it back to COM1 before saving.

73 de Hans, AB5HM