Re: Linking Peanut Server to Fusion Room

kb8zgl

The latest BlueDV beta is working on Fusion with NW Radio AMBE!  Mines over network and vpn even

Mike
Kb8zgl

On May 30, 2020, at 1:07 PM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

Is there a reason you're using Peanut, and not the actual BlueDV or BlueDV AMBE clients? I have a simple AMBEServer set up on a Pi 3+, and I can connect to any reflector. With BlueDV Windows, I can even connect to Fusion rooms. You just can't connect to Fusion to transmit with the Android client. But the Windows client works fine on DMR, D-STar, and Fusion. The Android BlueDV works fine for DMR and D-Star.

So why are you messing with Peanut? That's a really limited program. David hasn't made BlueDV AMBE do Fusion, has he made Peanut do Fusion somehow?  Is that why you're using Peanut?

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:16 AM Alain Reid <va2spb@...> wrote:

Folks, I am trying to achieve what PA7LIM describes below: My goal that is to allow an amateur with Peanuts Client on his Android / Windows to have a QSO with an amateur who uses his Yeasu FT3D on my Fusion repeater. So I followed PA7LIM procedure described below:

<Peanut_to_Fusion_question.PNG>

I set up an AMBEserver on a Raspberry PI 4 using a ThumbDV. That works well. It did not work with DVStick30 unfortunately. In reference to the red dots above, my questions are the following:
Q1: Do I really have to build a YSF repeater or I can just provide PA7LIM with my Room number  so he can connects is Peanut server to my Fusion Room number?  Q2: Do I need to set up a YSF Server and than link it to my Fusion Room number and  forward that to PA7LIM with  the Hostname and port of the YSF server? Thank you folks if you can bright some light! 73!