Re: ThumbDV & Buster / Mac

Craig McVeay <cmcveay@...>

J.R.,
  I had a similar issue and I found that it was caused by the FTDI drivers that I had installed for another device.  I did the uninstall process for the drivers, restarted the laptop and then plugged in the dongle and fired up Buster to find everything working as it should.

  The directions for doing the uninstall are on the FTDI site.

Craig
N0CSM

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:07 PM, <N7JRJ@...> wrote:

I’ve just received the ThumbDV from NW Digital Radio.  I’m trying to use Buster, but when I select the serial device representing the ThumbDV and try to set the port speed to 460800, buster locks up.  I’m running MacOS Sierra.  I've googled and checked this forum.  My next step will be to setup the ThumbDB on a Pi3/Compass, but I’d like to get this working on my laptop if possible.  Jeremy McDermond's site is down (NH6Z), so I thought I would ask here.

Advice appreciated!

73,

J.R., N7JRJ