Re: BlueDV on an Inrico T320? Or any other network radio

You may need a USB device driver such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.sztupy.android.usbhostcontroller  -- but hooking directly to a phone may be a power drain as Gwen points out.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
Only way I know to do it on an Inrico T320 is to use an external AMBEServer. I don't think the T320 is an OTG device. But I stopped trying to use a ThumbDV connected directly to a phone when I saw my battery charge indicator visibly sinking while it was connected. It draws a LOT of juice, even when just in receive. So I have a Raspberry Pi on my local network, with a powered hub on it and the ThumbDV plugged into the powered hub. That same horrible power draw means a Pi USB port will NOT power the ThumbDV directly. You MUST use a powered hub. (For Pi 3+ and below. I haven't tried it on a 4 with USB-C.)

My Pi has:
AMBEServer installed (NO BUSTER)
A dynamic DNS daemon, so if my local network IP changes, it can update my dynamic DNS address.
A port-forwarded hole in my firewall so I can get at it from outside.

Then configure BlueDV AMBE for the dynamic DNS address instead of the localhost IP address.

Works fine, but I only use it when I want to use my T320 as a backup device. I take it to things like Field Day, or hamfests. The PTT works great for things like Echolink, Teamspeak 3, and Zello, but I don't use Zello because it doesn't play well with others. If you have Zello configured for PTT, even if you stop the app from the apps menu, if you hit the PTT, it'll RESTART Zello, even if you're trying to use the PTT with Teamspeak or Echolink. Freaking annoying, so I stopped using Zello.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 12:06 PM (null) (null) via groups.io <fdecuire=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’m running Android version 7.0 on the T320 and have tried at least three different OTG cables none of them worked with the Thumbdv.The radio’s PTT does work well with Peanut, EchoLink and Zello.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 8:27 AM, Balasubramanian Iyer <vu3tbr@...> wrote:

Hi
I think unless there is provision for OTG cable via USB then only dongle can be attached to work with BlueDV. But there wont be problems for Peanut to work

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:17 PM, gpabon757 <gpabon@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m thinking of purchasing an Inrico T320 network radio.  Does BlueDV work with it? Will it display in portrait mode?  Will I be able to use the PTT on the side to transmit?

Any other HT like network radios that work well with BlueDV with a working PTT?

Thanks,

George