Re: ambeserver on a Raspberry Pi stops after 30 seconds #ambeserver

This is usually a user/group/permission problem.

The Compass Linux images are older and mostly deprecated.  They can work, but I generally start with a newer Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian - Buster) version.  I then follow  https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/1520#Quick-Build-on-Linux the source, support, and test programs can also be found at  https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/files

AMBEserver is really a pretty simple daemon program.  As long as the environment is right it should work.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:43 AM <klammeraffe2@...> wrote:
Stefsan,

as I read this in another part of this forum - so I checked it already . Have actually just the user "pi"  and this one is so in the file "dialout:x:20:pi,opendv"

Karl