Re: bringing some transcoding to my xlx reflector?

Justin Mann

So the reflectors have a total of 25 modules.  That means I’d need 52 of them?  assuming each module a, b, c, is a channel?

On Jul 21, 2020, at 11:08 AM, Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:

You need 2 dongles per channel. Ambe software is in the xlx download.

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Justin Mann via groups.io <w9fyi@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 4:33:34 PM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: [ambe] bringing some transcoding to my xlx reflector?

Hi all,

I’m totally new with this, so I hope you will forgive my lack of knowledge, and/or what is needed with regards to my goals, and objectives in this post.
I’ve just recently setup an xlx reflector:
with the goal of bringing, d-star, DMR, and fusion to the local Texas Ih-35 system. Currently the Texas i35 system is on FCS, reflector 3, room 30, and I believe that it has a wires-x room 40096.  I’ve gone ahead, and created an x-reflector which is now showing up as reflector 94, and it’s ip address is:
96.126.124.4.
As I understand things, I can't cross-mode out of the box with an xlx reflector, thus I need some kind of Ambe chip to do this?  I currently use D-star, and I have a number of pi-star enabled hotspots, as well as an openspot 3.  What kind of transcoding will an xlx reflector do natively, and where to the Ambecoder chips come in to play?  Also, I have the reflector sitting on a box at linode.com in Dallas, is all of this still doable, even though the reflector is in a remote location?  I know D-star, Dmr, and fusion, but I’ve not been familiar with how to bring everything together, and admittedly I’ having to teach myself Linux.  To setup the xlx reflector, I followed the tutorial at
Anything y’all can do to help I’d appreciate,
Thanks
Justin-ai5os.