Re: How To install AMBESERVER on Raspbian or Debian.

Derek,

This should work with compatible AMBE devices from other manufacturers.  We do not provide technical support for other manufacturers, if you run into difficulties, contact the manufacturer.

You will need to stop and disable  ambeserver@ThumbDV (using systemctl)
You will need to see what 'serial' port your device enumerates to, such as /dev/ttyUSB0
You will need to look at the conf files in /etc/opendv and see if one matches your device, e.g. port and speed, with a name matching your device's /dev filename.
You can then start/stop/status/enable/disable using the systemctl command.
The selection of the port number is flexible in the conf file for a variety of reasons, just use what your client is using.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:20 AM Derek William Haden <facebook@...> wrote:

Looking at the instructions, it reads that it is for ThumbDV.

I am using the DVmega version, I assume it will also work?

I also have another question, not sure if this is the place for it but here goes anyway.

The Ambeserver uses port 2460, however when running DVswitch and the Ambeserver together DVswitch uses 2471?
Just curious as to why?