Re: AMBEServer : Invalid start byte 0x05 (seems to expect 0x61)

The AMBE 3000 chip will process D-STAR AMBE just fine, the protocol for talking to the chip is different.

On Mar 13, 2017 07:26, "Santu OTTAVI" <t.ottavi@...> wrote:
Hi,

Le 10/03/2017 à 18:17, John D Hays - K7VE a écrit :
AMBEserver is using the newer AMBE3000 chip from DVSI.  When Scott wrote his code the predominant AMBE solutions used older chips (usually USB attached) with a different setup and byte flow to process the AMBE stream.  Those programs by Scott would need to be updated to talk to the newer chips using the packet protocol to exchange AMBE and PCM data.

Thank you for your answer. That's what I was fearing...

Changing the source may be quite difficult, because source code of some components is not available.

I understood that AMBE3000 chip was retro-compatible with AMBE2000. Apparently, it isn't ?

Moreover, I'm still looking for a (working) solution to build a gatewat between a D-Star reflector and an Asterisk analog system, with modern hardware and software. I've been trying a lot of things, with no results. Any suggestions are welcome.

73 de TK1BI