Re: AMBE server multiple connections

alpha foxtrotsix

I believe you can add a second ambe device (ThumbDV, etc.) and use a different port and support 2 connections. One on each port.

Jeff

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020, 10:30 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Hi Derek,

AMBEserver only supports one client at a time.  It is simply a mechanism to make the serial (USB) connection to an AMBE3000 device available on a UDP port.

The server can be shared by ending one client and starting another.  It doesn't do any multiplexing and the DVSI AMBE 3000 Chip only has one pipeline.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 1:55 AM Derek William Haden <facebook@...> wrote:
I have the AMBE server running, thanks for the instructions John, very comprehensive.

I am making an assumption here.

The whole point of using AMBE server rather than connecting directly via USB to the stick is so that more than one connection can use the AMBE server?

However when I try to connect connect BlueDVambe and DVswitch the results are "Interesting" to say the least.

I am making another assumption here, would setting up a second service to the dongle on a different port allow this to work.