Re: PIDV as an USB dongle

Jean-Marc F1SCA

Hi John,

thanks. I aleady did it and that works very well. But I need to convert it to a "USB dongle" in order to connect it to a CBRIDGE, which accept

only dongles.

The converted PIDV (either with an FTDI  or BusPirate) is reconized at the beginning but when the CBRIDGE want to change the parity bit, the PIDV

do not answer. So the CB condisers it's not a AMBE3000 and disables it.

This is the report :

Interrogate the device /dev/ttyUSB0 for status as a serial device

Test:: Is /dev/ttyUSB0 an AMBE vocoder or LTR?

Is AMBE or LTR

Success. Open the device /dev/ttyUSB0 on baud of 460.8 Kbaud, 8n1.

Connect at AMBE speed

Turn on Parity bytes....

/dev/ttyUSB0 refused to answer comamnd to set parity. Waited 1460 ms.

Fail set parity command, so mark as NON AMBE vocoder

Failed to turn on parity for this device

We can suspect the CB, as CB works very well with UBS dongles.

73 QRO

Jean-Marc - F1SCA