Re: PIDV as an USB dongle

The PiDV, is strapped at 230kb, you can change it by cutting a trace and adding jumpers at A-5 in the schematic.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Jean-Marc Magnier <magnier.jeanmarc@...> wrote:

Hi John,

thanks. I aleady did it and that works very well. But I need to convert it to a "USB dongle" in order to connect it to a CBRIDGE, which accept

only dongles.

The converted PIDV (either with an FTDI  or BusPirate) is reconized at the beginning but when the CBRIDGE want to change the parity bit, the PIDV

do not answer. So the CB condisers it's not a AMBE3000 and disables it.

This is the report :

Interrogate the device /dev/ttyUSB0 for status as a serial device

Test:: Is /dev/ttyUSB0 an AMBE vocoder or LTR?

Is AMBE or LTR

Success. Open the device /dev/ttyUSB0 on baud of 460.8 Kbaud, 8n1.

Connect at AMBE speed

Turn on Parity bytes....

/dev/ttyUSB0 refused to answer comamnd to set parity. Waited 1460 ms.

Fail set parity command, so mark as NON AMBE vocoder

Failed to turn on parity for this device

We can suspect the CB, as CB works very well with UBS dongles.

73 QRO

Jean-Marc - F1SCA

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223