Re: AMBE not detected by Thumb DV

Tim Lawrence

I have tried the different baud rates and it does not seem to have an effect.  The COM ports are correct it usually defaults to COM 6.  Looks like the software is just not communicating with the AMBE chip.  All settings are there just grayed out and can't adjust anything or use PTT function.  When I check the box to use the dongle the COM ports will not connect. When I uncheck it everything connects but just no audio.  It is receiving data.  I was going to install this on my PC and then if I want to connect to PC remotely via desktop would be able to pull up Dstar or DMR.

KJ4HPG
TIM

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 7:37 PM AB4WS - Jack <Ab4wsnews@...> wrote:
Check your communication speed for the port the ThumbDV is plugged into, early versions of the ThumbDV required slower communication speed while the newer device requires a faster speed.

On Jan 19, 2021, at 16:06, Tim Lawrence <kj4hpg@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am using Thumb DV with Blue dV version 9572 download.  I have installed everything correctly and am using the correct COM port.  However upon startup Blue DV does not recognize the AMBE software.  I get a firmware not detected error or if I uncheck the thumb DV box in the AMBE section of Blue DV I says connected to zumspot however I have no control over the AMBE setting mic gain, output etc and can hear no audio.  I have updated software and looked for a firmware upgrade for teh thumb DV however have came up empty.  Has anyone else experience this issue?

KJ4HPG
Tim