From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of mfle2001
Sent: Saturday, 6 February 2021 2:59 PM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Cc: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] ThumbDV and HP Laptop - 17-by3053cl

Do you get any response when you plug in the ThumbDV? Have you tried all 3 USB ports? If there is no driver it should look for one automatically.
Have you followed my instructions to add the COM ports?

Mike
VK2AMF.

At 02:49 PM 6/02/2021, Clay Welsh wrote:

Thanks for the advice John but excuse my ignorance but how do I get this FTDI driver? I'll try searching for FTDI driver and see what I come up with. Believe me all suggestions are appreciated. I love this new laptop, but I sure would like to be able to use my ThumbDV, :-).

Mike Fleetwood
Canberra Australia and Sidcup UK.

Worldwide email address is:      mfleetwood@...