Re: Using Buster with D-star?

Justin Mann

HI there.  I have a video of the error that I’m experiencing.  Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong here?
The video will show my attempt to link to ref090_d, and then it will show that I’m successfuly linking to ref004_B

The app never returns an error when it does not work, so it’s a little confusing.  If the app does support xrf, and xlx, how do I make that happen.
Thanks,
Justin

On Jun 14, 2021, at 2:30 PM, Justin Mann via groups.io <w9fyi@...> wrote:

SO how do I work around this?

On Jun 14, 2021, at 2:28 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Ron,

Buster does support XRF and should support XLX reflectors, since they use the same protocol. (i am currently connected to XRF012-A)

The problem is more likely that Buster can't resolve the IP address for the reflector you are trying to connect to on those networks. Anna (the author) put in support for ar-dns.net, which allowed automatic updates as reflector admins moved around, but the ar-dns system went offline.

Thanks
Kenny, KU7M

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 6:14 AM Ron - KA7RLM via groups.io <ronmurray=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

It does not support XLX or XRF.  I see you are on a Mac platform, so this may not be helpful but there is "BlueDV" for Windows or Linux available that I believe supports XLX. You might be able to run that in a virtual machine.

Good Luck,

Ron
KA7RLM