Re: HOw to put my THumb DVS in to action?

Patrick Perdue

If you want the XLX reflector doing all your AMBE transcoding, use it's built-in AMBE support.

Since it's in a datacenter, you'll need to link it up to ambed on a remote machine with the dongles connected. See the XLXD installation guide on how to set this up.

You can compile just the ambed code on a Pi without the entire XLX reflector, then point your reflector at the IP of your remote ambed with an available forwarded port range.

On 6/27/2021 4:52 PM, Justin Mann via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
So I’ve now received my THumb Dvs, and I’d like to get them in use on my xlx reflector, xlx094. Ideally I’d like to have this all linked up to the Texas i35 system, (FCS00330, so that anybody using D-star, or Dmr, can come out on the Texas i35 system. Where do I start now that I have these devices? Xlx94 is hosted in a data center, and the ip address is 96.126.124.4. There is also, I think, though I have not played with it in over a year a YSf reclector of 75749, but it does not appear as though it goes anywhere just yet. Any help y’all can give I’d appreciate.

Thanks,
Justin