Re: AMBE Server Transcoding DStar DMR

Patrick Perdue

I have a remote transcoder for a VPS-based XLX reflector. It works without issue for months at a time without needing to restart either the XLX or the transcoder (ambed).

I'm not running the ThumbDV's on a Raspberry Pi anymore, but when I did, I found that I got the best performance by using a powered hub.

N2DYI

On 10/5/2021 10:14 AM, TG9AOR wrote:
My case was similar to yours. My DMR source was Brandmeister at the time, my XLX resided in a VPS, and the transcoder hardware resided at QTH. It was until I installed XLX on QTH and had both XLX and transcoder in same place that all worked OK. Hope this helps you. 73