Re: BlueDV AMBE for Android

Steven Blackford

Hey David,
    I knew you had made some changes. LOL.  I noticed the battery life right away.  I know some apps like EchoLink, Zello, TeamSpeak allow you to push the button on regular head sets to key up.  Hope that points you in the right direction.   I setup an experimental AllStar/EchoLink Node bridged over to D-Star on our "Carolina Link" a couple of weeks ago.  It works pretty well on your iOS/Android phone, but don't sound so great when someone links in an Analog Repeater. LOL.  So, this new app will come in handy for me.  I love being able to connect up while I'm working in the data centers in the evenings.  Look forward to seeing what you do next.  Take care & thanks again for everything you do!  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Yes, I recoded most of the DSTAR code this weekend. Hope battery will hold longer now :-)

Tomorrow I am going to test the BT carkit.  Hope I also can find a way to control the PTT from my driver wheel. That would be amazing.
Keep in mind that ambe/PCM will consume some data over 3G/4G!

Greets,
   David

--
-----