Re: WiFi vs. 3G/4G AMBEServer

Hi Chris,

OTG will be added soon. Then you can connect the ThumbDV directly to your phone.
See video : https://youtu.be/FMtZkeXP4yg

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 11/12/2017 om 03:22 schreef Chris Day:

Hi David,

Yes this is the 3G/4G on my end. The delays are quite long and the audio is slow and distorted. However, the app works great across wifi at my home, where I've run DSTAR and other nodes, even a full duplex Allstarlink repeater, for years.

What did you mean by the "OTG" version.

Thanks, 73 Chris

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 3:38 PM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Yes this is related to the 3G/4G connection. Reflector and AMBEServer traffic is UDP so when a frame is dropped you will hear a gap. I am buffering a lot so I can deal with some jitter. The OTG version will give better quality because you only have reflector traffic left. Even when you miss some traffic, I am filling that up with white noise ( only DSTAR ).

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 10/12/2017 om 14:09 schreef Chris Day:
I really like this setup. I note in my testing though that audio over 3G/4G is slow slightly broken. WiFi audio over my own network flawless. Has anyone else experienced this?  Wondering if this is purely related to my cellular carrier. Signal looks good from the local tower. Ultimately, I'd like to route back to the ThumbDV over the cell network, so if there's something I can do to address this, I'd like to know what it is.