Re: Pre BETA version of BlueDV AMBE OTG

Even when I use a wireless charger and then connect my ThumbDV, the android device stops charging.

Looks like OTG can only sent power to an end device like ThumbDV and can not receive power while OTG device is connected.

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 12/12/2017 om 02:04 schreef John D Hays - K7VE:

I have done several searches, and in general many OTG implementations cannot do charge and data transfer simultaneously.

However, if you are powering peripherals off a cable splitter, then the Android devices should run their normal battery life for specific programs.

I would love it if someone can show otherwise (and what devices they have found will do both).

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:33 PM, <kyle@...> wrote:
If your compilation of phones/cables will include failures, I can confirm that the Apple "USB-C to Digital AV" adapter (which includes an extra USB-A port - and costs $70) does NOT, under any circumatance, allow charging of a Samsumg S8.

Edmonds, WA