Re: ThumbDV, BlueDV, and Windows 10? Help!

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Jerry Grimes <gngrimes@...> wrote:
I just received a ThumbDV.  It installs as COM14 on my system.  The ThumbTest.exe program communicates ok with it, providing the expected response lines.

However, I cannot get anything to work with it.  Either I'm missing a simple setting, or I've wasted over $100 on a useless dongle.  Hoping it's the former!

BlueDV, both the latest beta and pre-beta versions do the same behavior.  When i deselect "Serial", and enter the Setup menu, the COM14 port is available.  I select that, and Save.  If I turn on Serial again (the only thing that responds),  the Update menu pick grays out, and nothing is selectable.  No frequency shows up, no firmware, nothing.  Unresponsive.

Does someone have a simple walk-through to get BlueDV working with Windows 10?

Edmonds, WA