Re: Installing Windows version on Linux with MSIexec and Wine

KB3OIL@...

David/John,

Thanks David. John, yes I know about the Virtual box.  I've introduced myself to Linux going that route from WIndows.  I am trying to rid myself of Windows, but if that's the only way I can reinstall DMR software,  I might give it a go.   Just for your information I was able to install another Windows program (MobaXterm) that uses the Microsoft installer (.msi) without a problem.  It installed perfectly except for the username/password entres shows up on the right side of Web page and then the typed letters are entered from right to left  (ie drowssap).  Weird.  Really weird.  Every other SSH function seems to work perfectly.  The file manager, full screen editor, file transfer from from Windows to Linux and now Linux to Linux.  Anyway, thanks for the replies.