Re: Blued AMBE server

If your Windows Tablet has a USB port, you can plug the ThumbDV directly into it and access it from BlueDV.

As far as trying to reach a remote AMBEserver over the Internet.  T-Mobile sometimes does NAT or double NAT so that may be your problem.

You would need to determine the IP address assigned to your cellphone and then see what ddns has as an IP address and compare the two.  You can also see what the network thinks your public IP address is by visiting http://checkip.org

You might want to check into using a VPN client and service.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:10 PM, w4jxa via Groups.Io <w4jxa@...> wrote:
I am trying to use a Windows 10 tablet running on a T-Mobile cell phone hotspot.  I Created a stable public IP address using no-ip which gave me a ddns.net. My cell phone client running the Bluedv AMBE can't find my tablet on the network. It seems as though T-Mobile won't allow my tablet to be visible to the client. I am able to use my cell phone client and connect to a friend's pc running AMBE server using his ddns.net and have made many QSOs on DSTAR and DMR from my cellphone . Any suggestions on how to use my own tablet and th3000 as an AMBE server on T mobile hotspot would be appreciated !!
THANK YOU DAVID FOR INVENTING THE AMBE SERVER . I drive about 6 different vehicles at work daily and can't really carry a lot of equipment with me, so the cell phone client is a nice solution.
_._,_._,_

Edmonds, WA