Re: PI3 and DV3000U

Please use the instructions at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/Installing-AMBEserver-on-a-Raspberry-Pi-and-ThumbDV%E2%84%A2 -- the Github instructions are out of date, though you could use the Python scripts for testing.  ambesockettest.py tests the server when it is up and running, the scripts on Github are for testing the port 'raw'.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Ian <gm4upx@...> wrote:

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for the pointers, I have gone through the download/setup etc with a fresh card and I am still experiencing a problem. It'll be something simple I imagine, perhaps because I am only running dummyrepeater, as an example. Incidentally my Pi3 card did not run on a Pi2B ; I'll keep looking.

Hello John,

I double checked the baud rate and I get an error ( wrong baud rate ) when I enter 460800 so my ThumbDV is an " old " one and it is at /dev/ttyUSB0

My first install was with Compass lite on which I had  Direwolf running; I followed the install instructions to use dl5di github and ambetest3.py ( maybe not the correct name as typing from memory <smile> ) responded correctly although dummyrepeater needed a GUI installed so I downloaded the Compass GUI.  I'm assuming the ambeserver runs on its own and doesn't need dummyrepeater, unfortunately I get no response when running python ambesocketest.py.

Regards,

Ian..

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223