Re: issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

mi0ceo_geo@...

also working 91 ww no probs

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of David PA7LIM <info@...>
Sent: 22 May 2018 18:54
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

Hi,

Can you sent me a screenshot of the BlueDV setup screen and a screenshot of the windows device manager where I can see your serial ports?

info@...

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 22/05/2018 om 20:51 schreef J G Shaw:

Yes, I agree – BlueDV for Windows is not working! 
Unlike before, it now “starts” and displays its screen on my PC.  But it does not allow me to use it.  Clicking the SERIAL button causes a small green light to flash on/off several times in the ThumbDV but then it stops and nothing else happens.  The screen says “Firmware     Not Detected”  It will not let me enable either the DSTAR or the DMR button.

I’ve attached a screen snip of BlueDV showing what I see.

WA6PX

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [ambe] issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

Windv continue work nice but bluedv dont work 

ea8ee movil

El mar., 22 may. 2018 18:00, J G Shaw <WA6PX@...> escribió:

Yes – yesterday, BlueDV worked fine for me.  Today, BlueDV for Windows will not start.  Nothing shows up on the screen. 

I found myself wondering if it was do the overnight maintenance update Windows does.  What symptom/issue are you facing?

PS:  WinDV continues to work just fine - I can use WinDV on my PC for DSTAR via WinDV. 

Thus, it appears to me that some unique file or action that BlueDV engages in is being forbidden by Windows.

Any ideas?

WA6PX 

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Martinez Barbera
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:41 AM
Subject: [ambe] issue bluedv after last big windows update 1800

someone else has experienced issues with bluedv and the last update of windows?

ea8ee movil

Join ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.