Newbie needs some pointers

Thomas Edmonson

I'm in the process of setting up the following and I needs some gaps in my understanding filled.

Here's the high level view:

1.    I have a Raspberry PI 3 with a DV3000.

2.    I loaded the following software:

        A. Compass

        B. IRCDDBGATEWAY

        C. Dummyrepeater

   What I want to do is to be able to VNC into my Raspberry with another PC or MAC and then using the remote device

enter the Dstar network. The Gateway seems to be functioning at some level. I see:

IRCDB = connected

D-PRS= active

Repeater 1 = AG5GY  B Not Linked

Everything seems to be ok until I try to configure Dummy Repeater. When I try to configure it I only get "NONE" as a choice

under the sound-card field.  It then won't let me save the config items I did change because the sound-card is not set

Any suggestions?