Re: Gateway update for D Star.

Hi David,

AA4RC provides a wildcard cert for *.dstargateway.org (e.g. w5sfa.dstargateway.org) and dynamic DNS for gateways that use his DPLUS software, but you have to request it.

As you say, one can get their own DNS name, and add a free cert for https (to avoid browser security warnings) from Let's Encrypt if the gateway operator does not use AA4RC's service.

The dashboard on many G2/G3 + DPLUS gateways run under https as does the one at w5sfa.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:51 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi John,

I do not understand. You can buy a cheap DNS name like e.g. w5sfa.org and make an A record like:

gateway.w5sfa.org    IN  A     74.118.151.43

What has AA4RC to do with certs? Why do you need certs for your gateway?
If you need a cert I would advise the letsencrypt also! It is free and you only need to run a script every x months.

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 14/06/2018 om 20:30 schreef John D Hays - K7VE:
If the gateway operator at W5SFA doesn't want to sign up for AA4RCs security certs and automatic Dynamic DNS, they can get a DNS name by an alternate means and use https://letsencrypt.org/ for a security script.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:26 AM, David PA7LIM <info@...> wrote:

Hi,

Please sent me the hostname/dns-name of the 74.118.151.43. IP addresses are not accepted anymore because DNS names can be adjusted by the reflector/repeater admins themselves.

Greets and 73,

David PA7LIM

Op 14/06/2018 om 19:11 schreef John D Hays - K7VE:
You need to add W5SFA 74.118.151.43 to the list in BlueDV.  Perhaps David is reading and can tell you how to do that?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:46 AM, Dan White <dan@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I can't use the Blue DV for our gateway W5SFA. When I update the list it is not there. Tried many times over the months. The gateway is registered and usable by others. Please advise. Thanks
Also, I am using w7pro 32 and ThumbDV 3000.

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA