Re: Gateway update for D Star.

Dan White <dan@...>

Thanks. I will look into it. Dan

Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ambe] Gateway update for D Star.

Right now it doesn't appear you have a domain name for your gateway, but since you have w5sfa.org, go to your domain registrar and add a domain address record like

d-star.w5sfa.org IN A 74.118.151.43 and test to see if it goes to your dashboard.  Once it does, pass that domain name on to David.

Then go to Let's Encrypt and generate the necessary cert for your dashboard so it will quite throwing security warnings.  Your users will be happier.

Otherwise, you can use the information I provided earlier to fix your BlueDV install so that you can link.  Nothing can link without the proper address and apparently the BlueDV install doesn't have w5sfa, so it will need fixed.  Either by providing David with the requested data, or patching your install.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Dan White <dan@...> wrote:
John,

It is registered with the DPlus now. Our IP address is static. I am the trustee for the W5SFA repeaters but don’t do the Linux G3 portion. Our club web domain is W5SFA.org. Not sure if that is what you want.  Dan

Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:47 PM

You should find the files under Documents\BlueDV and you can add a host to DPlus_Hosts.txt with the callsign and IP address of the gateway.  (You will need to use an editor that understands Linux line termination (not Notepad.exe)

Or you can pull new files from https://ar-dns.net

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:36 PM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
Dan - what David is saying is he wants a domain name for it.  Check with the admin and get him a domain name for it and he will add it to BlueDV, then you should be able to link to it.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:30 PM, Dan White <dan@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

W5SFA is registered with D-Star Gateway Systems and has been working on the WinDV program. Just the BlueDV doesn't show W5SFA in the gateway list. Not sure why it needs more than one registration. AA4 shows to be the default in the program. This is a G3 system, People from all over log into our repeater and use it. So it must be in someone's list. Dan W5AOV

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA