Re: ThumbDV and Buster on OS X

Dan Porter (AI2M)

I don’t have the USB version but with an older device I believe you need to select the 230400 Baud Rate. With my AMBE server setup after I input the correct info I have to select one of the other tabs and then the Vocoder tab again before I see the connection information appear.

73, Dan (AI2M)

On 4 Jul 2018, at 16:41, Luke.evans@... wrote:

I know this isn't the official place to get Buster support per se, but maybe folks here have some clue...

I bought a ThumbDV ages ago (probably a very early rev) and recently got it out to try with Buster on macOS.
While I can see the serial device appear in /dev when I plug it into my USB port, Buster abjectly refuses to connect to it, saying that it cannot open the serial port.

I'm using macOS High Sierra.
My Mac is a recent MacBook Pro (consequently I'm using a dongle to present a USB 3 port from the onboard USB-C - but the hardware does seem to be recognized correctly)
I have not installed additional drivers - hence using the default serial driver
I'm logged in as a regular user (though I've also tried launching Buster with sudo - but no difference in behaviour).

Any clues greatly appreciated!