Re: ThumbDV and Buster on OS X

Annaliese McDermond

On Jul 5, 2018, at 9:41 PM, Luke.evans@... wrote:

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 08:40 pm, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
If it doesn't work at 230400, wouldn't you repeat the process at 460800?
Indeed you would :)

Finally, the procedure outlined by Annaliese, including the trying it again with 460800, worked for me.
Hoorah!

I think I was previous having it fail, then closing Buster, believing that it would be better to try again with it 'clean' startup.  I had certainly been unplugging and reinserting the dongle *a lot* and indeed changing between the two serial speeds, but obviously this trick was to leave Buster running and trust that reinserting the USB would cause all the right handshaking to restart.

Buster tries to remember the last working setup and always use that if it can.  That’s why restarting it doesn’t always help, because when you initially use the program, there is no good setup, so it can sometimes get confused.  I’ve tried to do an automatic baud rate detection, but without a hardware reset on the AMBE chip, it’s pretty much impossible.

— Anna

Anyway, thanks to all.  I finally get to enjoy Buster :)