Re: ThumbDV and BlueDV

J G Shaw

Robert
Regarding use of BlueDV for Windows on DMR . . . . .

The BlueDV for Windows ‘settings’ screen has several sections - be sure the section for DMR settings has the correct settings.
          Page #6 in the pdf file I sent you shows the exact settings I use for DMR in the US.  I use Brandmeister – the following notes are for BM use.

NOTE: Of course, you must have a valid DMR ID in your BlueDV settings before trying to “transmit” using the DMR mode-

Additional DMR related notes when using BM:

1)      On the main BlueDV screen, be sure to set “DMR” on the slider on the left side-center and also on the other slider - on the lower right side in the small panel.

2)      On the AMBE tab (right side panel),  ensure the “P/G” slider shows “G” (“P” = Private call, “G” = General Call”)

3)      Be sure you have “unlinked” the last DMR talk group by transmitting a very short burst on TG 4000
       i.e., on the AMBE tab on the right side panel, input ‘4000’ into the text box for talk group number
               then “transmit” a short burst – BlueDV audio will say “NOT LINKED”

4)      “Link” to the talk group you desire by entering the talk group number in the text box on the AMBE tab
       then “transmit” a short burst to force TG linking to occur.  I have frequently found activity on TG 91 and/or TG 310
       NOTE: You can check your audio by linking to TG 9990 and then transmitting

NOTE 1: When using Brandmeister, I have found it most helpful to monitor the TG I want by setting up a search at:

https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh
NOTE 2: Page #7 in the pdf file I sent you has multiple DMR nets listed –

73’s

Jim WA6PX@...