Re: XLX003 Reflector; Anna

Annaliese McDermond

John and I worked out some datasource issues and I’ll be releasing some code in the next couple of days that will hopefully include XLX reflectors.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems

On Sep 5, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

Dick --

At startup time, the reflector protocol drivers load up a properties list (plist) file of what reflectors they able to handle connections to. That list is made up of an internal list that’s shipped with Buster, and a live-downloaded list from ar-dns.net. They’re merged, with the ar-dns.net entries taking precedence.

Right now, Buster only uses the “DExtra Reflectors” list from ar-dns.net. That won’t include any of the XLX reflectors. There’s no real reason that I know of that would prevent Buster connecting, but it just doesn’t know about them. It was written before they existed.

You can hack Buster by adding an XLX reflector to the DExtraReflectors.plist XML file inside of /Applications/Buster.app. Anything else would require an update from me. The easiest thing would be for John to make the XLX reflectors available as a plist file as well, and then I can add a couple of lines to import it.

-- Anna

On Sep 4, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Anna,

If you happen to see this, I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Aug 30, 2018, at 1:11 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays> wrote:

You might try the plist files at https://ar-dns.net

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 7:48 AM Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
GM, folks.

Running Buster on an iMac late 2015. Works fine.

Friends wanted me to connect to an experimental reflector XLX003-R, but Buster could not link to it. The others were all on Windows machines. Any idea what might be the issue for this one? See this link. The top 4 were hams with whom I was trying to connect.

http://xlx003.xrefl.net/index.php

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882