Re: XLX003 Reflector; Anna

Dick Herrick

You jogged my memory on that one.  I haven’t used that for a long time.  As you say, it can be dangerous access.  Thanks for the reminder

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 3:57 PM, Tom Early <n7tae@...> wrote:

If you right-click on most any application and select "show package contents", you find interesting stuff. But be careful. Look, but don't touch, unless you know what you are doing!

Every Mac app icon points to a <APP NAME>.app directory.

You can see this more clearly with terminal, if you like command line.

On 09/06/2018 12:48 PM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io wrote:
Very good.  Let me know when.  I would still like to be educated as to where to find these files in the “bowels” of the Mac !!

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 3:44 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

You shouldn’t have to do anything but upgrade off the App Store.

—Anna

On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe@...> wrote:

OK. When you have it settled, let me know where to stuff the downloaded plist.

Thanks, Anna.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 2:24 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

Without the new code, Buster won’t even look for it. Hold tight and I’ll get a new version out.

—Anna

On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe@...> wrote:

Thanks, John.  Where do I put this in the Mac?  It must be deep in a Library.  Spotlight doesn’t find those files.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 2:08 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

A new XLX plist file is available at https://ar-dns.net
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:31 AM Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks to both of you for considering a fix for this. The last time I waded into code it was Basic and before that Fortran. U can see how old I am !!

Edmonds, WA

73
n7tae (at) tearly (dot) net