Re: XLX003 Reflector; Anna

Annaliese McDermond

I was at the APRS Summer Gather in North Bend, WA last weekend hanging out with the rest of the NW Digital Radio crew and a bunch of other ham friends, so I didn’t have a chance to commit the code and push things up to the iTunes store.

I wrote the code earlier this evening and did some light testing to make sure it at least pretended to link to the XLX reflectors, and it seemed to work although I didn’t find one with any audio to listen to.

This version is 1.2.2 and is pushed up to the App Store for approval. As soon as Apple approves, it’ll be marked for availability.

Incidentally, for those wondering why I don’t distribute this off of my own website, here’s the answer:

Buster includes geolocation and mapping functionality. The “Location” field on your display is actually derived from any DPRS information carried with the connection. In addition you should be able to click on that location to reveal a popup that contains a small map of where that location actually is. Again, derived from the DPRS information from that transition.

To be able to use the Apple mapping and geolocation APIs, you have to distribute your app on the App Store and sandbox it. Otherwise your app cannot connect to the proper services to make it work. That’s why I do this and why it sometimes takes a while to get things reviewed and put on the store.

Also note that it appears as though opendstar.org is having some issues. This causes Buster to not be able to get the reflector list and drop all the REF reflectors. Once Robin fixes this, it should start working again.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems

On Sep 14, 2018, at 5:37 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Anna, did you post a revised version of Buster ??

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 3:44 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

You shouldn’t have to do anything but upgrade off the App Store.

—Anna

On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

OK. When you have it settled, let me know where to stuff the downloaded plist.

Thanks, Anna.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 2:24 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

Without the new code, Buster won’t even look for it. Hold tight and I’ll get a new version out.

—Anna

On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks, John. Where do I put this in the Mac? It must be deep in a Library. Spotlight doesn’t find those files.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Sep 6, 2018, at 2:08 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays> wrote:

A new XLX plist file is available at https://ar-dns.net
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:31 AM Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks to both of you for considering a fix for this. The last time I waded into code it was Basic and before that Fortran. U can see how old I am !!

Edmonds, WAK7VE