From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:34 AM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] I want to run BlueDV AMBE Server on Debian.

You should be able to build it on any Linux or Unix system.  Compass is Raspbian which is a version of Debian.

On older Raspbian a special kernel had to be created to support the UDRC's sound chip, which became Compass. This is not a requirement with newer Raspbian Stretch, and not needed at all for the ThumbDV and AMBEserver.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018, 15:05 Shuji Chiba <jo3klssc@...> wrote:

Hello Jhon,

 Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge of Linux. But  I am very interested in his question as well.

Once I build AMBEserver with Compass on Raspberry Pi Zero W, it works comfortably.

Does your advice mean that the OS of AMBEserver must be Compass? Is there a way to build AMBEserver with Debian?

73

Shu

JA3GQJ