Re: sudo apt-get install ambeserver

I have updated instructions at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/AMBEserver-Addendum#Quick-Build-on-Linux

The 'roll your own' (e.g. non-Compass Linux) approach, assumed familiarity with the target sufficient to fill in the 'blanks'.

Like most Linux/Unix command line programs, placing the help flag will expose flags, e.g. AMBEserver -h

The 3 parameters that may need adjusted are the device, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0, the speed, e.g. 460800, and the UDP port it will listen on, e.g. 2640.

The instructions are still sparse, but the components are now downloadable to fill in the blanks.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:
I am pretty sure the ThumbDV I am using is of the second generation, so it doesn't need to be forced to the 460800 baud rate. I had forgot about that requirement for some people, but as you said, it can also be done from the command line.

At the moment I don't have anything running on the Pi/ThumbDV board, but AMBEserver. It is now a custom version, since I added the code to have it write out status to the syslog file, but I never got around to writing a sys.d file since I was starting and stopping custom versions all the time.

I personally use Buster to connect to reflectors with the setup. (I'm primarily a Mac/Linux person)

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Edmonds, WA