Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj@...

On Sep 20, 2018, at 12:22 PM, Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...> wrote:

There’s been an issue w/ use the XRF protocol w/ XLX reflectors known for a while. That’s why we recommend people use the DPLUS or DCS protocol on our XLX reflectors. I know for some, that can be an issue, but it solved all the problems we had w/ our users. 73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQi

From: Dick Herrick via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:17 PM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Cc: Circuit Riders
Subject: Re: [ambe] Linking to XLX reflectors

I suspect it’s an interim solution. Friends using Windows machines can access 2-way audio by calling up the XLX reflectors. What you have here is a work-around which is fine. However, I would not have known the association between the DCS and XLX nomenclature. How did you figure that one out?

I was able to open the plist data in 1.2.3 to compare the “strings” in XLX and DCS plists. Sure enough they point to the same … what appears to be … numeric DNS locations. For your DCS600XLX600 example they both point to 13.16.14.204. So is one a proxy for the other?

Thanks for writing back.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Sep 20, 2018, at 2:50 PM, Ian <gm4upx@...> wrote:

I have Buster 1.2.3 and I experienced the same one-way effect. In my case the cure I found is to issue a connect, for example, to DCS600 A instead of XLX600 A.

A connection to XLX defaults to Dextra connection with one-way audio whereas a connect to DCS defaults to DCS and audio is heard in both directions.

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,
Ian..

<1DC21149D24B413BA6960A02F001AE55.png>