Re: Linking to XLX reflectors

Ian

Purely as an exercise I have XLX running on a BeagleBoneBlack and today I updated my Macbook with the resulting one-way audio.

A few minutes testing identified my problem and a workaround.

Regards,
Ian..

On 2018-09-20 20:17, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io wrote:
I suspect it’s an interim solution. Friends using Windows machines
can access 2-way audio by calling up the XLX reflectors. What you have
here is a work-around which is fine. However, I would not have known
the association between the DCS and XLX nomenclature. How did you
figure that one out?
I was able to open the plist data in 1.2.3 to compare the
“strings” in XLX and DCS plists. Sure enough they point to the
same … what appears to be … numeric DNS locations. For your
DCS600XLX600 example they both point to 13.16.14.204. So is one a
proxy for the other?
Thanks for writing back.
Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...
(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell) 704-995-1522

On Sep 20, 2018, at 2:50 PM, Ian <gm4upx@...> wrote:
I have Buster 1.2.3 and I experienced the same one-way effect. In
my case the cure I found is to issue a connect, for example, to
DCS600 A instead of XLX600 A.
A connection to XLX defaults to Dextra connection with one-way audio
whereas a connect to DCS defaults to DCS and audio is heard in both
directions.
Is this what you are looking for ?
Regards,
Ian..