Re: Can 6 Digit DMR IDs work with BlueDV & AMBE Servers?? #dmrid, #ambe, # amberserver

J G Shaw

In the past, I have found that Wed Not a Net Gathering on BM TG 31771.

But, have not listened in recently – hope it hasn’t changed.

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Amos
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 7:42 AM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] Can 6 Digit DMR IDs work with BlueDV & AMBE Servers?? #dmrid, #ambe, # amberserver

Hi

I, too, have experienced connection problems running BlueDV/ThumbDV.  Make sure your thumb drive comm port is selected under "General" and "AMBE" boxes in the setup window under the "FILE" menu selection.  My ThumbDV drive is on COM36 on my computer (I do a lot of work with USB connected devices so I have some that are clear up in the high 60's).

I do not have a zero in front of my ID number and have had no issues with that.

by the way, I have not received an answer to my question regarding the Wednesday evening Not a Net Gathering.  Is it possible to connect to that net using BlueDV and if so, what is the talk group number I need to use.  Can I access via BM or do I have to select a DMR+ server connection?

73,

Dave, WB7DFV

On 2/8/2019 1:19 PM, Jason Kingsbury wrote:

Not sure if this will work, but have you tried to put a 0 (zero) in front of the six digit ID when configuring it on BlueDV?

On Feb 8, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Dev Gosine <dgosine@...> wrote:

Good day,
                  Thank you for taking the time to read this message and also for your kind contribution to the thread.

Here are the facts.

1. I have 5 AMBE Servers.
2. I have 2 DMR IDs
3. BlueDV (Android) does not support adding an additional 2 digits to the end of the DMR ID as the DMR ID input field allows only 7 digits.
4. I have applied for additional DMR IDs, but was given five 6 digit repeater IDs.
5. This initially sounded like the perfect solution since I have 5 AMBE Servers and got 5 DMR IDs.
6. The problem is that the 6 digit DMR ID is not seen on Brandmeister's Hoseline when I transmit. This means I have absolutely no transmission being monitored on hoseline if I were to transmit.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and possibly lead me in the correct direction.

I thank you again for all your contributions.....73 Dev, 9Y4DG