Re: AMBEServer Install for PiDV

Mike Besemer - WM4B

John,

You seriously underestimate my ability to confuse myself!

I did:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dl5di/OpenDV/master/DummyRepeater/DV3000/AMBEserver.c
gcc -o AMBEserver AMBEserver.c

sudo cp AMBEserver /usr/sbin

So I now have AMBEServer in /usr/sbin.

Looking over the rest of the page:

I did not have the directory "/etc/opendv", so I created it.  At that point, the XYL revoked my kitchen pass.

Looks like tonight I need to create ambeserver-ttyAMA0.conf as follows:

#
# Configuration file for the AMBEserver program started by systemd.
# Adding flags to AMBESERVER_FLAGS will pass this to the daemon.
# For example, to change the speed to 460800, use the following line:
# AMBESERVER_FLAGS="-s 460800"
#

UDP_PORT=2460
AMBESERVER_FLAGS=""

Am I getting warm?

73,

Mike
WM4B

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:10 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

 Mike,

It appears the makefile is now missing, but no worries -- try this approach

(Read the whole page.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM Mike Besemer < mwbesemer@...> wrote:
John,

Typing ‘make’ yields the following:

pi@raspberrypi:~/DV3000 $ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
pi@raspberrypi:~/DV3000 $

Mike
WM4B