Re: PiDV Connection to a FM Radio

Dave N2OA

Thank you.. Yeah that’s not pretty but it might be worth playing with.. It’s times like this that make me wish I had gotten into software J It would be a great product if someone could simplify the software and package all the pieces into one nice little box with a display to give any rig digital capability..

From: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 5:27 PM
To: ambe@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ambe] PiDV Connection to a FM Radio

You can get there, but it is kind of ugly at this point  UDRC <--> dstarrepeater <--> ircddbgateway <--> DummyRepeater <--> AMBEserver (with PiDV or ThumbDV)

Audio goes in and out of DummyRepeater.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Dave KA2OQZ <kdcarlso@...> wrote:

Is that software available has to be the next question. 😄

Dave

On Dec 12, 2016, at 5:08 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

The PiDV and ThumbDV are serial devices for encoding and decoding audio to and from AMBE.  They do not connect to a radio or provide modulation or demodulation.

The UDRC can provide the modem to talk to a radio.  However, for a complete solution you would need both and software to handle the protocol, radio, and audio.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Dave KA2OQZ <kdcarlso@...> wrote:

I'm interested in a PiDV but want to know if it's capable of modulating and demodulating the signals off of the packet port on a FM rig? I can't seem to find any documention on the device to answer the question.

Thank you,

Dave

KA2OQZ

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223