Re: Original ThumbDV and AMBED

Scott Weis (KB2EAR)

I have now confirmed that it does indeed work.

Two changes need to be made. First the Product Description needs to be reflashed to read any of the following “ThumbDV" or "DVstick-30" or "USB-3000".  Any of which work fine. I used a program call FT_PROG. https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm?#FT_PROG

Second, in the file cusb3000interface.cpp change line    int baudrate = 460800;   to int baudrate = 230400;   Then recompile.

And as long as you have 2 devices, or at least 2 channels that it recognizes it works just fine. (I used an AMBE3003 device for the second one.) The software will not initialize with only one. You also can’t have a new 460800 baud and an old 240400 baud ThumbDV on the same system.

Hope that helps anyone else going down this road.

73,

Scott KB2EAR