Re: Thumb DV with Android Phone

Gwen Patton

I tried using it plugged into my phone, but the battery drain was prohibitive. So I installed AMBEServer on a raspberry pi, punched a hole in my firewall, and set up a dynamic DNS for it. BlueDV AMBE connects to the ThumbDV, which is plugged into the pi through a powered USB hub.

Works perfectly.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 10:35 PM Brent LeFevre <brent.lefevre@...> wrote:
I use it with an OTG adaptor to my LGV10, works like a dream....

As expected, it's a bit taxing On the battery of the phone.

73 de W4CHF
Brent

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 9:03 PM Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

Would like to hear from users who are using a Thumb DV with their Android phone.  I’m very interested in this combination, but due to the fact that I’ve already got too many irons in the fire, I’d like to know what I’m getting in to first.  Looks like Blue DV might be the way to go.  Thoughts?

73,

Mike

WM4B