Re: Serial not connected #thumbdv #bluedv

Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...>

Yes, I have tried unplugging and plugging in again.  I do get the Windows sound indicating it knows a USB device has been plugged in and Device Manager shows the USB port. .  I just ran the ThumbTest.exe utility though and after I enter the baud rate , the utility briefly displays a unhandled exception and the Thumbtest aborts.  I tried both baud rates common to the ThumbDV
Andy K3UK

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:16 AM Willie Williams <frewil16@...> wrote:
Have you tried to unplug thumb DV  and plug it in again?

KD4JBL

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:06 AM Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...> wrote:
I have not used my ThumbDV in a while.  Today I plugged in in and installed the latest version of BlueDV.  I set the baud rate in the set-up area tp 46080 and entered my comm port number in the two usual areas where we specify the desired comm port.  The comm port I chose matches the number shown in my device manger. I have the top box ticked under AMBE for ThumbDV. Despite all this when I then click on SERIAL nothing happens , the firmware is not detected.  I have tried it on a Windows 10PC and a Windows 7 PC.

Andy K3UK