Re: Serial not connected #thumbdv #bluedv

Jack Spitznagel

Frankly, I am confused by this statement below.

From the beginning, installs of BlueDV have been straightforward (except once when David left a major bug in the release that caused random exceptions - that was a long while ago). Some basic understanding of Windoze devices, D-Star, and DMR was all that was required. 40 minutes first time out (mostly to adjust audio and understand programming) and less than 20 minutes on several installs for friends afterwards, including Win 7, 8, and 10.

The only machine that gave me trouble was a single Win 7 laptop loaded with crapware, pseudo “security” software, bad drivers, malware, and trackers. I asked the owner of that one to do a clean install... he bought a new laptop.

Jack - KD4IZ

On Aug 13, 2019, at 10:33, Brent LeFevre <brent.lefevre@...> wrote:

BlueDV has a steep learning curve, I have loaded it on windows tablets, win10 and android phones, When ever I do a fresh install it takes 3-4 hours, every time I think I know what I did to get it to work on one device doesn't seem to be the same on another device. But, once its working it works flawlessly.

I was going to chime in with suggestions on what I have done to get it to work, but honestly I have no CLUE what I've done to get it right.

73

Brent LeFevre

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:15 PM Steve Taylor via Groups.Io <sltay456=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had bad luck with the current version of BlueDV. It would not connect to the ThumbDV.

I deleted the files from my computer and went the archive files and downloaded the 09548 version.

It installed and worked perfectly.

Steve N7BEF

--
J Spitznagel