Re: Newbie : Access repeaters rather than reflectors using BlueDV ?

Andrew O'Brien

One of my major disappointments in Dstar is the focus on reflectors and the lack of support by some sysops and software developers for the repeater linking and call routing capabilities of Dstar .

Andy K3UK.

On Feb 13, 2020, at 8:06 PM, Michael Mandell <mikemandell@...> wrote:

Jack,
Blue DV is relatively new software. How much have you used Echolink? Yes, it links FM repeaters over the internet kind of OK. Allstar is a MUCH superior method of doing this if FM linking is what you want to do. Still, FM linking is not what we're doing here. It's like saying why use a ham radio when you can use a phone. Two different technologies.