Date   

Re: blocked ip address

Lou Fisher
 

Reflector one has been doing that for a while now  lot of people with same problem.   Have heard 30 might start doing it too


On Jul 18, 2020, at 12:37 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:


Be aware, this has nothing to do with your ThumbDV™.

The ThumbDV™ simply converts audio (PCM) to AMBE and AMBE to audio (PCM) via a USB based serial port, all connectivity to reflectors, repeaters, etc. is a function of the program that is using the ThumbDV™ and/or the reflector, repeater, etc. to which that program is communicating.

Please address concerns with the reflector operator or software developer for the reflector.  (Most REF reflectors run DPLUS by AA4RC).

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 10:28 AM kk4lzx <Kk4lzx@...> wrote:
I’m having the same problem from my ThumbDV. 

JohnA


On Jul 18, 2020, at 08:02, William Shepherd via groups.io <washephe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just recently I haven't been able to link to ref001c nor its dashboard from my shack computer.  All other links, dashborads and modes work just fine.  In researching this problem and speaking with a few dstar users, I believe my ip address has been blocked.  It seems they will block you if you link with more than one device or something.  Maybe I did that.  I don't know.  But it has been suggested to contact the administrator of ref001c to clear the block.  Does anyone one know how to contact the administrator? 

Thanks,
William KJ4ZEO



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: blocked ip address

 

Be aware, this has nothing to do with your ThumbDV™.

The ThumbDV™ simply converts audio (PCM) to AMBE and AMBE to audio (PCM) via a USB based serial port, all connectivity to reflectors, repeaters, etc. is a function of the program that is using the ThumbDV™ and/or the reflector, repeater, etc. to which that program is communicating.

Please address concerns with the reflector operator or software developer for the reflector.  (Most REF reflectors run DPLUS by AA4RC).

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 10:28 AM kk4lzx <Kk4lzx@...> wrote:
I’m having the same problem from my ThumbDV. 

JohnA


On Jul 18, 2020, at 08:02, William Shepherd via groups.io <washephe=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just recently I haven't been able to link to ref001c nor its dashboard from my shack computer.  All other links, dashborads and modes work just fine.  In researching this problem and speaking with a few dstar users, I believe my ip address has been blocked.  It seems they will block you if you link with more than one device or something.  Maybe I did that.  I don't know.  But it has been suggested to contact the administrator of ref001c to clear the block.  Does anyone one know how to contact the administrator? 

Thanks,
William KJ4ZEO



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: blocked ip address

kk4lzx <Kk4lzx@...>
 

I’m having the same problem from my ThumbDV. 

JohnA


On Jul 18, 2020, at 08:02, William Shepherd via groups.io <washephe@...> wrote:

Just recently I haven't been able to link to ref001c nor its dashboard from my shack computer.  All other links, dashborads and modes work just fine.  In researching this problem and speaking with a few dstar users, I believe my ip address has been blocked.  It seems they will block you if you link with more than one device or something.  Maybe I did that.  I don't know.  But it has been suggested to contact the administrator of ref001c to clear the block.  Does anyone one know how to contact the administrator? 

Thanks,
William KJ4ZEO


blocked ip address

William Shepherd
 

Just recently I haven't been able to link to ref001c nor its dashboard from my shack computer.  All other links, dashborads and modes work just fine.  In researching this problem and speaking with a few dstar users, I believe my ip address has been blocked.  It seems they will block you if you link with more than one device or something.  Maybe I did that.  I don't know.  But it has been suggested to contact the administrator of ref001c to clear the block.  Does anyone one know how to contact the administrator? 

Thanks,
William KJ4ZEO


Re: AMBE server on Rpi

Derek William Haden
 

Thanks John, I did find them in between posting and seeing your answer.

Is there a way of tracking what the ambeserver is doing?
I am having some problems at the moment.

I am using BlueDV ambe and I appear to be transmitting, but I am not receiving on DMR, DStar appears to be fine.

I can watch a TG on the Brandmeister last heard, and see activity, but I hear nothing.


On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 07:56 AM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

Hi Derek, 
 
I am planning to do some better instructions. 
 
However, if you go to the files section of this group, you will find files with instructions in their description. 


Re: AMBE server on Rpi

Ken Kayser
 

Hi John, thanks for the great work on the installation instructions. Got mine up and running quickly.

I have seen a lot of discussion about the power requirements of the dongle versus the capacity of the Raspberry Pi USB ports but have not seen anything that actually specifies what the dongle requirements are. I'm planning to buy a powered hub but want to make sure I get one with enough capacity. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks again for all your hard work.


Re: AMBE server on Rpi

 

Hi Derek, 

I am planning to do some better instructions. 

However, if you go to the files section of this group, you will find files with instructions in their description. 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 07:41 Derek William Haden <facebook@...> wrote:

I followed the instructions for creating an AMBE server from this excellent page

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/topic/how_to_install_ambeserver_on/25743616?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25743616

In the Wiki it refers to the config pages as being in /etc/opendv

I have no such directory and a search doesn't find one at all.

I am running ambe server on

Rpi 3

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"

VERSION_ID="10"

VERSION="10 (buster)"

VERSION_CODENAME=buster

ID=raspbian

ID_LIKE=debian

  Icon name: computer
        Machine ID: ...........................
           Boot ID: .....................................
  Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
            Kernel: Linux 4.19.118-v7+
      Architecture: arm

my question is where are the config files/pages?

 


AMBE server on Rpi

Derek William Haden
 

I followed the instructions for creating an AMBE server from this excellent page

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/topic/how_to_install_ambeserver_on/25743616?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25743616

In the Wiki it refers to the config pages as being in /etc/opendv

I have no such directory and a search doesn't find one at all.

I am running ambe server on

Rpi 3

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"

VERSION_ID="10"

VERSION="10 (buster)"

VERSION_CODENAME=buster

ID=raspbian

ID_LIKE=debian

  Icon name: computer
        Machine ID: ...........................
           Boot ID: .....................................
  Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
            Kernel: Linux 4.19.118-v7+
      Architecture: arm

my question is where are the config files/pages?

 


Re: ambeserver failing?

 

Are you using a NW Digital Radio ThumbDV™ or PiDV? (e.g. USB Connected or GPIO Connected)
Are you using Linux?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 2:56 AM andrew delgado via groups.io <andrew_12ph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
How did you fix the DV3k! error?



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: ambeserver failing?

andrew delgado
 

How did you fix the DV3k! error?


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

 

That's not logical.  AMBEserver listens to one serial device and one UDP port transferring packets between clients and the AMBE-3000 chip.  Any talk groups, reflectors, etc. and the connection to those services are controlled by the client application.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 10:36 PM andrew delgado via groups.io <andrew_12ph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I did this already. See my 1st post on this thread i observe that it will receive both tgs on the each usb 1 and usb2 if they are both on dmr mode. 




On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:00 PM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

Yes, I just made another copy of the AMBEserver.ttyUSB0 service, called it AMBEserver.ttyUSB1.service, changed the appropriate command line in that file, enabled the service and started both.

On 6/26/2020 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Patrick ,

yes im using raspberrypi3 B , did you create the other instance? i  know where to change ports but the suggestion to create new instance.... i haven't tried it because i dont know how to do it.
i have no idea what are the folders need to be copied for me to create instance im using a compass image.


Regards,
andrew



--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

Patrick Perdue
 

I have not seen that behavior when running multiple AMBEservers on the same system. Did you change the UDP port in your client to 2461?


On 6/26/2020 1:35 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
I did this already. See my 1st post on this thread i observe that it will receive both tgs on the each usb 1 and usb2 if they are both on dmr mode. 




On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:00 PM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

Yes, I just made another copy of the AMBEserver.ttyUSB0 service, called it AMBEserver.ttyUSB1.service, changed the appropriate command line in that file, enabled the service and started both.

On 6/26/2020 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Patrick ,

yes im using raspberrypi3 B , did you create the other instance? i  know where to change ports but the suggestion to create new instance.... i haven't tried it because i dont know how to do it.
i have no idea what are the folders need to be copied for me to create instance im using a compass image.


Regards,
andrew


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

andrew delgado
 

I did this already. See my 1st post on this thread i observe that it will receive both tgs on the each usb 1 and usb2 if they are both on dmr mode. 




On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:00 PM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

Yes, I just made another copy of the AMBEserver.ttyUSB0 service, called it AMBEserver.ttyUSB1.service, changed the appropriate command line in that file, enabled the service and started both.

On 6/26/2020 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Patrick ,

yes im using raspberrypi3 B , did you create the other instance? i  know where to change ports but the suggestion to create new instance.... i haven't tried it because i dont know how to do it.
i have no idea what are the folders need to be copied for me to create instance im using a compass image.


Regards,
andrew


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

Patrick Perdue
 

Yes, I just made another copy of the AMBEserver.ttyUSB0 service, called it AMBEserver.ttyUSB1.service, changed the appropriate command line in that file, enabled the service and started both.

On 6/26/2020 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Patrick ,

yes im using raspberrypi3 B , did you create the other instance? i  know where to change ports but the suggestion to create new instance.... i haven't tried it because i dont know how to do it.
i have no idea what are the folders need to be copied for me to create instance im using a compass image.


Regards,
andrew


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

andrew delgado
 

Hi Patrick ,

yes im using raspberrypi3 B , did you create the other instance? i  know where to change ports but the suggestion to create new instance.... i haven't tried it because i dont know how to do it.
i have no idea what are the folders need to be copied for me to create instance im using a compass image.


Regards,
andrew


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

Patrick Perdue
 

I was not able to successfully run two ThumbDV sticks on a Raspberry Pi 4B using the 2x USB2 ports. However, this setup worked fine on a rPi 3B Plus. Basically, neither stick would work while another was plugged in. For both, I used Raspbian Buster.

I've had other odd USB problems with the rPi4 as well.


On 6/25/2020 12:55 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
AMBEserver is a rather trivial program, it is not strongly dependent on the underlying OS (Unix/Linux distributions) and you can run multiple instances simultaneously.  Just select a UDP port for the network side and a serial port for ThumbDV™ (or equivalent device).

This group is sponsored by NW Digital Radio to support the ThumbDV™.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:35 AM Nomis Bayan Jr. <nolyn78@...> wrote:

HI Andrew,

I am sure we tested this situation on the compass. Currently I only have one DVStick30 on compass, but two DVStick30 on AMBEserver (git). Rick and I tested today and no interference, I was on TG31689 (2461 port ttyUSB1) and Rick is on TG5159 (2460 port ttyUSB0) with no problem.

On 6/25/2020 5:15 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Nomis,

I was able to test the two dvstick connected to a raspberrypi.
1. ttyUSB0 config file was set to 2460 service was start successfully.
2. ttyUSB1 config file was set to 2461 service was start successfully.

here are my observation.
if user one using USB0 and user two using USB1 and they are connected  at the same time.
when both are using DMR mode one is for example at TG 91 and the other one is on TG 515
both user will hear two talkgroups what ever comes first . which is not supposed to be.

Thanks and 73!
Andrew DV1ZEJ





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

andrew delgado
 

Hi John,

Thanks for your inputs. im using a compass image.... if i will create another instance on the same platform what are the folders should i copy or how would i do that?

Thanks and 73!
Andrew


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

 

AMBEserver is a rather trivial program, it is not strongly dependent on the underlying OS (Unix/Linux distributions) and you can run multiple instances simultaneously.  Just select a UDP port for the network side and a serial port for ThumbDV™ (or equivalent device).

This group is sponsored by NW Digital Radio to support the ThumbDV™.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:35 AM Nomis Bayan Jr. <nolyn78@...> wrote:

HI Andrew,

I am sure we tested this situation on the compass. Currently I only have one DVStick30 on compass, but two DVStick30 on AMBEserver (git). Rick and I tested today and no interference, I was on TG31689 (2461 port ttyUSB1) and Rick is on TG5159 (2460 port ttyUSB0) with no problem.

On 6/25/2020 5:15 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Nomis,

I was able to test the two dvstick connected to a raspberrypi.
1. ttyUSB0 config file was set to 2460 service was start successfully.
2. ttyUSB1 config file was set to 2461 service was start successfully.

here are my observation.
if user one using USB0 and user two using USB1 and they are connected  at the same time.
when both are using DMR mode one is for example at TG 91 and the other one is on TG 515
both user will hear two talkgroups what ever comes first . which is not supposed to be.

Thanks and 73!
Andrew DV1ZEJ





--
John D. Hays
Kingston, WA
K7VE

 


Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

Nomis Bayan Jr.
 

HI Andrew,

I am sure we tested this situation on the compass. Currently I only have one DVStick30 on compass, but two DVStick30 on AMBEserver (git). Rick and I tested today and no interference, I was on TG31689 (2461 port ttyUSB1) and Rick is on TG5159 (2460 port ttyUSB0) with no problem.

On 6/25/2020 5:15 AM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi Nomis,

I was able to test the two dvstick connected to a raspberrypi.
1. ttyUSB0 config file was set to 2460 service was start successfully.
2. ttyUSB1 config file was set to 2461 service was start successfully.

here are my observation.
if user one using USB0 and user two using USB1 and they are connected  at the same time.
when both are using DMR mode one is for example at TG 91 and the other one is on TG 515
both user will hear two talkgroups what ever comes first . which is not supposed to be.

Thanks and 73!
Andrew DV1ZEJ




Re: Ambe server two DVstick in one raspberrypi? #ambeserver

andrew delgado
 

Hi Nomis,

I was able to test the two dvstick connected to a raspberrypi.
1. ttyUSB0 config file was set to 2460 service was start successfully.
2. ttyUSB1 config file was set to 2461 service was start successfully.

here are my observation.
if user one using USB0 and user two using USB1 and they are connected  at the same time.
when both are using DMR mode one is for example at TG 91 and the other one is on TG 515
both user will hear two talkgroups what ever comes first . which is not supposed to be.

Thanks and 73!
Andrew DV1ZEJ



361 - 380 of 1714