Topics

ThumbDV & Raspberry Pi

Tom Corcoran

John Hays ... I note that when I install the ThumbDV on my RPi running Pi-Star, I am able to see traffic on the Pi-Star dashboard. Anyway to hear/send audio?? Just curious.

tnx .. Tom VE3NY

Tom

I haven't run pi-star, so I don't know it's capabilities.  A good question for pi-star support.  Typically you would use dummy repeater in the G4KLX stack, which I believe is the basis of pi-star.

On Feb 11, 2018 13:06, <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
John Hays ... I note that when I install the ThumbDV on my RPi running Pi-Star, I am able to see traffic on the Pi-Star dashboard. Anyway to hear/send audio?? Just curious.

tnx .. Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hello John,

I don’t have to use Pi-Star. I am interested in using RPi with ThumbDV. Can you point me to documentation that describes how to configure dummy repeater, ThumbDV + AMBEserver (if that’s what I should be looking for)? I’ve been grazing on web but haven’t discovered this information yet.

Tnx .... tfc

Hello John,

I don’t have to use Pi-Star. I am interested in using RPi with ThumbDV. Can you point me to documentation that describes how to configure dummy repeater, ThumbDV + AMBEserver (if that’s what I should be looking for)? I’ve been grazing on web but haven’t discovered this information yet.

Tnx .... tfc

Tom Corcoran

Tnx for the steer, Randy. Does this mean that I can use some form of sound usb to allow send and receive of audio from the RPi?? I am trying to find a way to use RPi/TDV as standalone connection to the network. Does this only work for D-Star? or is there a way to connect with DMR networks as well?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

You may want to watch what PA7LIM is doing with a web based version of BlueDV.

On Mar 15, 2018 19:44, <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
Tnx for the steer, Randy. Does this mean that I can use some form of sound usb to allow send and receive of audio from the RPi?? I am trying to find a way to use RPi/TDV as standalone connection to the network. Does this only work for D-Star? or is there a way to connect with DMR networks as well?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

You may want to watch what PA7LIM is doing with a web based version of BlueDV.

On Mar 15, 2018 19:44, <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
Tnx for the steer, Randy. Does this mean that I can use some form of sound usb to allow send and receive of audio from the RPi?? I am trying to find a way to use RPi/TDV as standalone connection to the network. Does this only work for D-Star? or is there a way to connect with DMR networks as well?

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Kevin Crisp <crisp@...>

OK, thanks, and I got it working this AM!  Very excited!

--

Kevin Crisp
Associate Professor | Biology Dept. and Neuroscience Program

Office Hours: M 3-4, W 10-11, F 2-3; appointments by handshake only.

Tom Corcoran

Hello John,

(With the help of PA7LIM's video/web page), I am already using BlueDV with ThumbDV and works great. I am trying to determine if it is possible to plug TDV into RPi USB and then use another USB port for sound adapter to connect mic and earphone. Is this possible?? It would make for a very compact "travel pack".

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

It is possible but you also need PTT.

DummyRepeater will take a GPS pin for PTT.

On Mar 17, 2018 08:51, <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
Hello John,

(With the help of PA7LIM's video/web page), I am already using BlueDV with ThumbDV and works great. I am trying to determine if it is possible to plug TDV into RPi USB and then use another USB port for sound adapter to connect mic and earphone. Is this possible?? It would make for a very compact "travel pack".

tnx ... Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hello John,

any documentation/website you can refer to me?

Tnx .... Tom VE3NY